We hope that you love your purchase from us as much as we do!
However, if you are not happy for any reason, send it back to us within 14 days in the original packaging, in the same condition you received it and in a tracked courier bag, and we will happily exchange it for another item or a gift voucher. The cost of getting it back to us is yours, but we will cover the cost of shipping any replacement.
Refunds will not be be given for change of mind.
Exchanges will not be given on rings that have been resized, or other jewellery that has had special alterations made. There will also be no exchanges given on discounted/sale items, custom jewellery, gift vouchers, or the cost of resizing or adjustment work done on our jewellery.
If a customer requests a ring to be adjusted to a particular size, but then finds that they have chosen the wrong size, Rowena Watson Jewellers will not be held responsible for the mistake. We can resize the ring again to the preferred size, but the customer will be responsible for paying the resulting courier and work costs.
If your Rowena Watson Jewellers product is damaged or faulty and is covered by our 12-month warranty, we will endeavour to repair the item first, and if this is not possible we will either send you a replacement or arrange for a full refund. No cost to you. See below for our full warranty terms & conditions.
Refunds or exchanges will not be given if the item is found to have been altered, repaired, or resized by a third party.
We will always willingly meet our obligations according to the Consumer Guarantees Act.
Send us an email at email@example.com if you would like us to send you details of the procedure for sending a purchase back to us.
Discounts & Sales
Discount codes cannot be used on any jewellery that is already discounted.
Discount codes do not apply to shipping, gift vouchers, or the cost of any resizing or other alteration work done on our jewellery.
Discounts will not be backdated or honoured on purchases made before a sale begins.
Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with an exchange.
A minimum 20% deposit is required in order for your chosen jewellery to be put on layby. This deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE, and will be kept as a restocking fee if you choose to cancel your layby.
Regular fortnightly payments are required, and the full amount needs to be paid within 3 months.
Any payments made towards a layby that is then cancelled are non-refundable, but they can be transferred to a gift voucher as store credit (minus the 20% deposit.)
Discounted or sale items that are put on layby are non-refundable and non-exchangeable at any time.
Our warranty policy covers items purchased both in-store & online
All of our jewellery has a 12-month warranty (commencing on the date of purchase or the date of completion for custom pieces) that covers any manufacturing defects.
We reserve the right to inspect the jewellery in question and determine if there has been a manufacturing fault. If this is the case we will repair it, or replace it if repair is not possible.
Damage caused by wear and tear, and missing or chipped stones are not covered by the warranty. It is recommended that customer's get their jewellery insured with a third party to cover these factors, as well as loss or theft.
Your warranty will become void if your jewellery has been repaired or resized by an external party.
Outside of the parameters of the warranty, customers will be charged for repairs to any damaged jewellery.
Your beautiful new jewellery is precious and should be treated as such.
In order to be able to enjoy a long life from your jewellery, please remove it before:
- swimming in chlorinated pools, spas, the ocean, or sitting in a sauna
- completing household chores (washing dishes, cleaning with chemicals)
- applying cosmetics (hairspray, perfume, lotion etc.)
Rule of thumb: the finer the band of a ring, the more gentle you need to be.
COVID-19 has added an extra dimension to jewellery care, as hand sanitiser is prone to damaging softer gemstones like pearls, opals, turquoise, and amber. We recommend that you take off any rings containing these gemstones before applying hand sanitiser, just to be safe.
Custom jewellery & remodels
(To see the process for custom jewellery & remodels, see the Custom Jewellery & Remodels page)
- Each $100 consultation fee is non-refundable. If you choose to go ahead with having your design made with us, the consultation fee will be deducted from your final quote. Gift vouchers cannot be used for the consultation fee.
- Any gemstone purchased from Rowena Watson Jewellers is done so with the proviso that it be used in a piece of jewellery made by Rowena Watson Jewellers. Payment for any gemstone is also non-refundable
- There will be no refunds, exchanges, or discounts on custom work or gemstones.
- Any design alterations will be subject to price revisions.
- Acceptance of all quotes is required within 7 days of the quote being issued, in the form of payment of a minimum 50% deposit. Outside of this timeframe the quote may need to be revised.
- Deposits are non-refundable, and cancelations will result in the forfeit of any funds paid so far.
- The customer will bear the cost of ring resizing if they are at fault for the sizing error. Rowena Watson Jewellers will not be liable for ring resizing costs if the customer changes their mind about which finger they want to wear it on.
- Production time is 10 - 20 days from the acceptance of the quote & payment of the deposit. This is an approximate guide, and may be subject to delays depending on the design. If you have an urgent request, we may be able to help so please don’t hesitate to ask!
- Please make sure you notify us early on of any specific deadlines you want us to meet. (We will try our best but this is not always possible.) Deadlines may only be agreed to if it is actually possible for us to manufacture your piece within the given timeframe.
- Once your jewellery has been completed, a 12-month warranty on workmanship applies, but this does not cover the loss, breakage, or chipping of gemstones. General wear & tear is also not covered under the warranty.
- All redesign work completed using a customer’s own jewellery is completed at their own risk. Rowena Watson Jewellers will not be liable for any damage to the customer’s gemstones or jewellery during the course of being remade.
- While the greatest care will be taken, in the event of the theft or loss of the customer’s own jewellery while in our possession, Rowena Watson Jewellers will not be held liable.
- Any and all designs created during the bespoke process remain the intellectual property of Rowena Watson Jewellers, and may be used to create jewellery in the future.
- We reserve the right to use photographs of your bespoke jewellery for marketing purposes as we see fit.
- When posting images of your bespoke or remodelled jewellery online, please tag our social media pages.