Careers with us!
About the Business
Rowena Watson Jewellers and Beadz Unlimited have been providing Cantabrians and visitors with beautiful original jewellery since they were established in 1993. They passionately support local goldsmiths who can custom make anything their customers hearts desires. Located in what is known as New Zealand’s most beautiful street in Christchurch, Rowena Watson Jewellers and Beadz Unlimited stand side by side at the historic and distinctive 7 New Regent Street, close to cafes, bars, the Theatre Royal and famous gelato shop.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Retail Assistant or someone with previous exceptional customer service skills who can learn quickly and confidently, to join a great team of people in a supportive environment. You will be excited by jewellery and have a natural ability to build positive connections and relationships with new and existing customers. You enjoy interacting with a diverse client base and you thrive on providing a professional approach and an exceptional in store experience. You will also understand the importance of achieving and exceeding sales and performance targets.
- Meeting, greeting and assisting customers with their queries in a prompt and professional manner
- Listening to and helping customers with their bespoke jewellery designs
- Meeting and exceeding sales targets and delivering exceptional and timely customer service at all times.
- Maintain and refresh jewellery displays to a high standard and ensure the store is constantly organised, clean and tidy
- Assisting the team with the general day to day running of the store including updating the website, answering the telephone, sending courier packages
- Suggesting improvements to current processes and systems to help the team to always provide a better service to their customers.
- After training, you will be given the responsibility of sole charge when required
- General cleaning, opening and closing duties as and when required
- Previous sales experience working in a retail customer service or hospitality role
- A passion for creative design and jewellery
- A natural ability to deliver an excellent customer service
- A good listener, with a desire to learn and share knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience with or ability to the instore computer system
- Display a high standard of presentation and grooming, at all times
- An empathetic, resilient nature with positive outlook and a flexible mindset with a drive to succeed
- Possess a genuine willingness to learn and demonstrate initiative
This role will start out as 25 hours per week for 2 months from Tuesday to Saturday, increasing to 35 hours after full training. We offer some flexibility however the position will require you to work either from Sunday to Thursday or Friday to Tuesday. Hours will vary from 9am to 6pm or 10am to 4pm. If this wonderful opportunity sounds like something you would love to commit to, please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter explaining why this role is for you to email@example.com.
Please note, the successful candidate will need to have Ministry of Justice and credit checks as this role involves cash and jewellery handling. You need to have the right to work in NZ to apply for this position.